nicolas75

"Warner brothers" prop ww2 wool pants

Hello

Did you ever crossed some such "Warner Bross" prop pants ?

Looks like made of the right material and roughly the same cut ... maybe to fit an actor ...

All the best

post-3574-0-23802300-1586959152_thumb.jpg

- Lester H Scheaffer (Fleetwood - PA) - 175th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division - KIA September 12th 1944 attacking the Brest Naval range butt

I’m proudly in charge of his grave at St James cemetery. RIP

(My left avatar portrait)

- Jay E Hansford (Baxter Springs - KS ) - 146th Engineer Combat Battalion SETF - KIA June 6th 1944 landing on Dog White Omaha Beach

I’m proudly in charge of his grave at Colleville sur mer cemetery. RIP

(My right avatar portrait)

- See their story, and other ones here : http://mylifeinthewar.over-blog.com/

-- Interested in pictures (and others items) concerning the French Navy ships that went under repair in US Navy yards in 1943. In Boston (Le Terrible, le Fantasque, le Malin), in NYC (Richelieu) and in Philadelphia (Le Georges Leygues, Le Gloire, Le Montcalm)

stamp

post-3574-0-25482200-1586959268_thumb.jpg

- Lester H Scheaffer (Fleetwood - PA) - 175th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division - KIA September 12th 1944 attacking the Brest Naval range butt

- Jay E Hansford (Baxter Springs - KS ) - 146th Engineer Combat Battalion SETF - KIA June 6th 1944 landing on Dog White Omaha Beach

-- Interested in pictures (and others items) concerning the French Navy ships that went under repair in US Navy yards in 1943. In Boston (Le Terrible, le Fantasque, le Malin), in NYC (Richelieu) and in Philadelphia (Le Georges Leygues, Le Gloire, Le Montcalm)

close up

post-3574-0-11807700-1586959299_thumb.jpg

close up

post-3574-0-26570300-1586959359_thumb.jpg

close up

post-3574-0-46597200-1586959396.jpg

Most costume departments of major studios had huge inventories of military uniforms.

All the items were real but they put their property stamps in them.

It wasn't until the last 20 years or so they they really started using remake uniforms.

I can remember in the late 80's, going into Western Costume and seeing racks and racks or original WWII USMC camo items, and racks and racks of original German wool uniforms.

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Agreed 100%

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Thanks

Same as Bob said. There was tons of stuff left after WW2. You didn't need to make fakes, when the government basically sold off surplus in those days for pennies. You even see guys fighting Martians on Mars wearing A2 jackets, and WW2 oxygen masks, carrying m1 Carbines! Even the series Combat all had real m41 jackets, and even a few real tanker jackets, plus all the web gear. As a kid you could go into an Army Navy Store and see more left over WW2 stuff than you could imagine. The smell of canvas Army tents is still stuck in my brain sixty years after!

It was common to find original CW cavalry and artillery jackets stamped with a costumer company stamp.

donation2008.gif

Personally, I would way rather have a prop stamped item than a plain Army item! So amazingly fun!

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

Yeah studios had huge costume departments back then. Some things were tailored, but many were just surplus items they used. A friend has a coat from a WWI film that had a name in it, and it turned out to be the actor that wore it (French actor playing a French Poiliu).

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I found Roman Navarro's Navy blouse at the Goodwill in downtown L.A.  And believe it or not, didn't buy it!  I was into AAF and USMC stuff.  It was his costume blouse from the movie,  The Flying Fleet, which came out in 1929.  Oh well.  When I was doing the rag houses in L.A. the amount of stuff I threw back in the 80's and 90's, which is now highly desirable, is well, sickening.