"Warner brothers" prop ww2 wool pants

nicolas75

Hello

Did you ever crossed some such "Warner Bross" prop pants ?

Looks like made of the right material and roughly the same cut ... maybe to fit an actor ...

All the best

post-3574-0-23802300-1586959152_thumb.jpg

vintageproductions

Most costume departments of major studios had huge inventories of military uniforms.

All the items were real but they put their property stamps in them.

It wasn't until the last 20 years or so they they really started using remake uniforms.

I can remember in the late 80's, going into Western Costume and seeing racks and racks or original WWII USMC camo items, and racks and racks of original German wool uniforms.

Same as Bob said. There was tons of stuff left after WW2. You didn't need to make fakes, when the government basically sold off surplus in those days for pennies. You even see guys fighting Martians on Mars wearing A2 jackets, and WW2 oxygen masks, carrying m1 Carbines! Even the series Combat all had real m41 jackets, and even a few real tanker jackets, plus all the web gear. As a kid you could go into an Army Navy Store and see more left over WW2 stuff than you could imagine. The smell of canvas Army tents is still stuck in my brain sixty years after!

Personally, I would way rather have a prop stamped item than a plain Army item! So amazingly fun!

• 2 weeks later...
RustyCanteen

Yeah studios had huge costume departments back then. Some things were tailored, but many were just surplus items they used. A friend has a coat from a WWI film that had a name in it, and it turned out to be the actor that wore it (French actor playing a French Poiliu).

I found Roman Navarro's Navy blouse at the Goodwill in downtown L.A.  And believe it or not, didn't buy it!  I was into AAF and USMC stuff.  It was his costume blouse from the movie,  The Flying Fleet, which came out in 1929.  Oh well.  When I was doing the rag houses in L.A. the amount of stuff I threw back in the 80's and 90's, which is now highly desirable, is well, sickening.