A German Cemetery in Normandy

james127

Go to YouTube and you won't have to look hard to find content about the American Cemetery in Normandy, but very little attention is given to the cemetery for the German dead of WWII. This was an interesting stop that is worth checking out. It's hard to explain the feeling of being there. There's a heaviness there that's different from visiting the American Cemetery. Anyway, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz81JRtrUgk

Well done. I visited there as well. I found the graves of Michael Wittman and his crew there.

Your videos show how interesting and evocative a Normandy trip can be.

If you can go, go!

Old Crow 1986

Thanks for the insight on a difficult subject.

I am very much in agreement with you regarding "...actions have consequences doesn't just apply to Hitler..." And you're correct about the necessity to remember - with uncompromising honesty - our collective human history, even when it is very ugly.

Another good video and a place I wouldn’t give much thought to but thanks for sharing a piece of history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

everforward

Well done, thanks for this entry. :) .....just to add, the visitors center at the La Cambe Cemetery contains a nice display, it’s very well done with artifacts of the soldiers, nice graphics.

Well done. I visited there as well. I found the graves of Michael Wittman and his crew there.

Your videos show how interesting and evocative a Normandy trip can be.

If you can go, go!

I was in a big rush when I was there and as you can see in the video, it was raining (which doesn't mix well with camera gear). I wish that I could go back and take the proper time to visit Wittman's grave and some others there. But yes, I agree. If you can go, go.

A very moving experience. Thanks for Posting.

It definitely has a different feel to it. Thanks.

Thanks for the insight on a difficult subject.

I am very much in agreement with you regarding "...actions have consequences doesn't just apply to Hitler..." And you're correct about the necessity to remember - with uncompromising honesty - our collective human history, even when it is very ugly.

That's one reason why I wanted to visit here and do a video. All history is worth remembering and can be learned from. There's kind of a weird trend right now of people who want to take the ugly parts of history that they don't like and destroy it forever.

Another good video and a place I wouldn’t give much thought to but thanks for sharing a piece of history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Appreciate that. Yeah, I don't know that this place gets a ton of attention. Like I said, if you go to YouTube, there isn't much on it.

Well done, thanks for this entry. :) .....just to add, the visitors center at the La Cambe Cemetery contains a nice display, it’s very well done with artifacts of the soldiers, nice graphics.

Thank you. And yes, the visitors center is quite nice. Lots to learn there.