MSA TOPTEX Flight Helmet w/ Mask

Airborne-Hunter

Airborne-Hunter

A guy I know is neighbors with another guy who is a real estate investor. Apparently that real estate guy bought a house filled with squatting tweakers. He was finally able to evict the squatters and I guess the basement was the only thing they hadn't touched. In the basement he found this helmet in its original air force bag. I'm not sure when that happened, but California has now mandated renters don't have to pay rent for the duration of the virus (how ever long that is) The real estate investor has a couple tenants no longer paying. He's leveraged pretty deep and is beginning to jettison stuff because he only has cash to last him until June or so. So my friend was talking with the neighbor gave him my number and here's the helmet. It wasn't cheap, but its fully attributed to an aeronautical engineer and air force pilot. The guy was in the air force from the late 50s until the late 70s. I am unsure if he was a test pilot or the purpose of this helmet in his possession. There may or may not be more stuff coming for this one, but in the mean time here you go. Best ABN

post-1800-0-74006000-1586817852_thumb.jpg

A very nice clean example of a rarely seen helmet.An MBU 5 with Hardman set up,also not often seen.Hope you get the rest of the stuff.

Saw this pic a while back, of the Grumman test pilot Ralph "Dixie" Donnell for the Mohawk, then the YAO-1. Has a very similar helmet but his is pretty worn and has the stars and bars flag decal added to it. Pic was around early 1959 I believe.

post-11373-0-04819500-1586832149_thumb.jpg