V-42 Stiletto Commemorative first Special Forces by Case

Mr.Gale

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and my main reason for joining is I received this knife as a partial payment from a deadbeat customer. I'm not exactly sure what it is and what the value is. Can anyone give me their opinion?
The knife look very nice and it has serial #0781. The display case has marks and a light spot on top.
Thanks,
Mr.G

P.S. I can provide more photos.

post-296901-0-96738300-1586808161_thumb.jpg

I don't have a clue as to value but it's a nice looking knife. Case should have a website that might give you some information. Do you collect knives or militaria?

If they are a "deadbeat customer" how can they be sending items and not a payment (if that is what you expected)?

Well, if someone owes you money and they don't have any, what do you do? Me, I'll take anything of value rather than walkaway.

Mr.G

post-296901-0-96709300-1586812659_thumb.jpg

I don't have a clue as to value but it's a nice looking knife. Case should have a website that might give you some information. Do you collect knives or militaria?

I'm not a collector but I do have a few WWII German items.

Mr.G

post-296901-0-76977700-1586812778_thumb.jpg

Now I understand. Wasn't quite sure when I read it though.

The knife is described below:

Case V-42 Limited Edition Stileto in honor of the Canadians of the First Special Service Force. This knife is #894 of 1500 made. Made by W.R. Case and Sons in 1984. Issued by the American Historical Foundation.

If they are a "deadbeat customer" how can they be sending items and not a payment (if that is what you expected)?

Well - if he legitimately owes the money and either can't or wont pay $ as he had agreed beforehand, I would call that a deadbeat!

If there was a barter agreed to beforehand, different story.

If it were a real V42, it would be worth several thousand.

A commemorative replica - to someone who collects commemorative replicas, maybe a couple hundred. To someone who doesn't collect commemorative replicas, very little intrinsic value

MrG,

Case made 1500 for the USA members USSF, the one You have, and also 1500 for the Canadian members of the USSF(the one I have). Here in the US, the one you have is more desirable. In Canada it's vise versa. I have 200.00 in trade for the one I have. I believe what member siclfde quoted is spot on. Hope this helps

Thanks to everyone for your input, I appreciate it very much. I'm going to put it on eBay and see what I can get.

Mr.G