Argentine parachutist knife

luke66

Hi,

here i post the images of an interesting military knife of Argentina's parachutists, not very diffused for what i know (in europe where i live otherwise).

It's a very consistent knife with a wood handle a knuckle guard with a kind of "Art deco" style i find very particular.

Your opinion is welcome

post-294773-0-62521800-1586781569_thumb.jpg

post-294773-0-25810800-1586781598_thumb.jpg

... reference of a "Military knife history" book that dated the knife during '70 years (Italian text, sorry)

post-294773-0-27498300-1586782268.jpg

post-294773-0-46952500-1586782278_thumb.jpg

In the early 1990s I spent a significant amount of time in Argentina working with the their Navy's "Buzos Tacticos". Basically the Argentinian version of SEALs. At the end of my mission we were hosted at a banquet. The guest of honor was the head of the Argentinian special operations forces. I distinctly remember him wearing a knife like this on his belt.

luke66- We appreciate the photo of the Argentine knife, and I have the book with the officer's photo. Please keep in mind this site is for U.S. edged weapons, and discussions. THX again for showing. SKIP

luke66- We appreciate the photo of the Argentine knife, and I have the book with the officer's photo. Please keep in mind this site is for U.S. edged weapons, and discussions. THX again for showing. SKIP

... so sorry!

I'll not do anymore