Sign in to follow this  
WW2UsCollector

Need some help on trying to find a good custom framing website to display these ww2 maps

Hello, I recently had some WW2 743rd tank battalion maps came in with a recent grouping and I've been trying to get them framed but its a awkward size. Any of you know or had experience with any good custom framing business's/websites if so please let me know since i would really love to get these maps famed and put into my display!

I would try Michael's and wait for one of their regular coupons for 40% off or whatever typical framing deals they have. No matter where you go, with something as big as a map, it won't come cheap. May want to think about UV glass as well, depending on the value of the maps and where you'll display them.

I would try Hobby Lobby as well, I have had numerous items matted and framed and have been very pleased with the final result.

donation2011.gifdonation2018.gif

I have had custom framing done at Michael's for over 20 years and have always been pleased. As discussed, wait for one of their coupon deals to lower the cost.

I will pay top dollar for original WWII items pertaining to:

OSS

OSS Maritime Unit

NCDU

UDT

Scouts and Raiders

FSSF

Indeed, every time I get something framed, it reminds me that I am in the wrong line of work. :)

Even with all of the ‘deep-discount’ coupons, I do not think I have ever had anything framed where the cost of the frame was less than the item in it.

As Jason mentions, make sure you ask about glass, as there are several conservation / aesthetic options there, with different UV%s, non-glare, etc.

Any reputable framer should do this automatically, but I also verify the use of ALL acid-free materials, such as backing and matting (if used).

Good luck.