current project Chaplain Sermon

Art

I currently have 6 model projects going in various degrees of build.

This dio I am making for my wife.

She collects WWII Bibles & religious militaria. (and sweetheart pins and WASP stuff, LOL)

It started as a Bastogne Christmas scene & I was planning on adding snow, but now I may just leave it as an anonymous town in Europe.

Maybe a little snow in the corners, etc? Or should I leave the snow off and it can be in a warmer month? (I think no snow myself)

I ordered another set of kneeling GIs because it seem like enough yet. So about 6 more GI's will be joining the service soon.

Not sure where the jeep will go yet & I do have a sitting figure drinking coffee I can put in it. Maybe talking to a standing GI? Or would that be rude during the Chaplains sermon?

The Chaplain is a resin figure from EBay, kneeling guys are from Bronco , Ruins are from Italeri (I think)

Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.

post-13304-0-77471100-1586631352_thumb.jpg

Proud Kraut

Art, this is a fantastic dio, thanks for sharing. I do agree, it doesn´t need any snow to make it better, it just looks great the way it is. Could you please add some more pictures, maybe one of the church window?

Can´t wait to see your other 5 projects/dios!

Lars

Hey Art, very nice and very moving diorama. If you want to add more soldiers kneeling, that is entirely YOUR prerogative. But you have done an astounding job on this dio. My only advice will be to add a little dirt on the church walkway, the soldier's boots and dirty up the jeep wheels. Everything else is on point.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thank you sharing, I enjoyed the subject matter, and details, agree add little to the pavers that has the kneeling GIs. HAPPY EASTER.

That is a great looking diorama. I am going with no snow, I don't think it needs it. I would agree with Manny and add more rubble and broken bricks and pieces of wood, roof tiles and other debris.

That's a great subject and the figures are well positioned. Nice work.

Proud Kraut

Could you please tell us the Jeep´s modeling Company. This variant with side tarp (sorry I don´t know the exact designation) looks interesting. Are you thinking about adding the soldiers helmets, weapons etc.?

Thanks for the ideas & comments.

The jeep is a Tamiya with a photoetch top & doors from Echelon Fine Details 1/35 Willys for Padre and Chaplain from EBay

I do have helmets & weapons to add somewhere. On the ground next to the GI's I guess.

That walkway is too shiny & I hadn't noticed. I can make it old & dirty looking.

Definitely got to muddy those jeep tires too.

I'll go with no snow.

I cut the stained glass from a picture and put a thin sheet of clear plastic over it. Broke it in a few places and put a couple of broken pieces in the debris.

post-13304-0-90670600-1586643958_thumb.jpg

Hookemhorns88

Great and appropriate subject matter. Fantastic in its detail. Nice job. Looking forward to the completed work.

Very nice to see.

Could you post a closeup picture of the chaplain?

It appears the chaplain could be Protestant. That would be the case if he is using the issued black scarf (eagle over the cross).

If the scarf is purple/violet then he could be Roman Catholic which would fit well with the kneeling soldiers. Protestants kneel, but not as much.

Again, very well done and so nice to see.

Thank you Chap 15. I'll get a close up pic.

I just picked black as the color for the scarf. The photo I was using was B/W so it very well could have been purple.

Sounds like I need to paint that scarf.

That is great advice & thank you !!