Purple Heart with laser engraving

RDUNE

Hello all,

I just thought I'd share this medal I've had for a bit. It was offered to me with scans of paperwork and I knew right off the bat it was fishy. The seller insisted he got it directly from the family "many years ago". I told him it was definitely not officially government engraved and at best it was something the family had done privately. He was adamant that it was the one sent to the family in WWII. Then I told him that I already have the one sent to his family, including the original paperwork that he somehow had scans of, and showed him a picture of it on my phone. The seller adjusted his story a bit, as well as the price. I bought it to get it out of circulation. I'm still not entirely sure what went on here, but in his adjusted story it sounded like he might have been the mark at some point. One of the names he mentioned in his revised story was a red flag, a local collector known for embellishment. To the sellers credit, he did sell me a 100% legit local KIA Purple Heart with paperwork and a framed portrait about a month before he offered me this one. He's also been telling me about an Iwo Jima Purple Heart he has for over a year now. I've yet to see it...

My pictures aren't the best but in hand you can see how new the engraving looks and the little burn lines in the letters from the laser engraving. Maybe the family had it done, maybe he had it done, who knows.

-Ryan

post-44370-0-20455900-1586613751_thumb.jpg

post-44370-0-44806400-1586613765_thumb.jpg

From the closeup, I'd almost think this was done with a rotating tool as I'd think a laser would be cleaner. However, with the square period, I'm on the side of laser as well. Interesting and thanks for posting!

Dave

Here is the one I've had for several years. Acquired from an extremely reliable and trusted source.

msg-123-0-71213100-1424398157.jpg

-Ryan