possible training squadron: 338 Squadron, Hellenic Air Force

Bearmon

I saw this one listed and hemmed and hawed about it. For whatever reason, I vaguely remember seeing this identified a long time ago as a German Air Force patch (post WW II 1950s vintage) and I think the aircraft might be an F-84 Thunderjet. Then again, my memory may be totally off and it might be something else altogether.

I saw this one listed and hemmed and hawed about it. For whatever reason, I vaguely remember seeing this identified a long time ago as a German Air Force patch (post WW II 1950s vintage) and I think the aircraft might be an F-84 Thunderjet. Then again, my memory may be totally off and it might be something else altogether.

Thanks. The seller is from Europe. Patch is definitely a looker

It has an early German handmade look to it, and the jet does resemble a straight wing F-84. So that might be a good ID. It does not look USAF, but I've been surprised before!

Randy

It has an early German handmade look to it, and the jet does resemble a straight wing F-84. So that might be a good ID. It does not look USAF, but I've been surprised before!

Randy

Thanks

• 4 months later...

I found the ID quite by accident, but it is the old style patch of the 338 Squadron, Hellenic Air Force. They were flying F-84s at that time (and did so for about 20 years until they got their F-4 Phantoms in 1974. PS. According to the web source, the squadron call sign was "Flat Foot", hence the character on the patch's rather disfigured feet. 

banner2.jpg