EGA question

Kansas Raider

Kansas Raider

I have a matched set of EGA's, they are not maker marked but they do have a number (362). I am guessing that they are post WW2. I can not get a good enough image from my phone. I will see if my sister will take a couple of photos. I also have a hat device that is maker marked a V inside a circle and a washer and nut .Steve

teufelhunde.ret

The numbered emblems represent Headquarters approval & consent for that company to produce for retail sales, the EGA following adherence of the regs regarding what it should look like etc. The number would go on to represent the company and used on the item for whatever items they manufactured, to sell. If I recall this began in the 50s and the V if I recall represents Vanguard...

EGA in post 4 is a sweetheart broach sold for wives/girlfriends during WWII

EGA in post 5 is a 1930s officer EGA for the dress mess shoulder epaulettes

teufelhunde.ret

Thx for the correction Bill! The pin back EGA was also worn on the unpunched collars of the blues and whites of the era. I sorely miss wearing the Summer Whites, we made our Navy counterparts look like bellhops! (as did all our uniforms!)

• 3 years later...
Uniforms of the Day

Just an example of the marking on an EGA. The gold insert in tbe back of the globe says "APPROVED 362 USMC".

20231027_143431.jpg

20231027_143437.jpg