41st ID Silver Star; Air Medal W/ OLC Mini Group; Laundry Number Pants

Ant1942

Hello all, I recently came across a mini group that i need help with a possible ID with. It is a uniform that comes from a vet who was in the 41st and went all the way through with 3 1/2 years overseas with the 41st. The 41st being among the 1st of the divisions to go overseas and being committed to combat in the PTO in late 1942. The vet was obviously very decorated as he won a Silver Star, Bronze Star and Air Medal with OLC which to me, screams artillery observer in a L5 Piper Cub possibly, which to me also makes sense as he has coastal artillery collar brass. I wish I had more info on the vet and access to records as i feel like an ID on this guy is a real possibility. I did not take a picture of the pants as they are later 1944 dated pants and the only ID i can find is a laundry number which is K0770. I have whittled the list down to a handful of men who would be eligible to have the American Defense Ribbon as the list i will provide of 4 men all enlisted in 1941 before Pearl Harbor. If anyone can help me with possibly with an ID, I really would appreciate it.

William L Keeshan enlisted November 7th 1941

James B Keesee enlisted July 6th 1941

George N Klauck enlisted September 16th 1941

Louis J Krakoff enlisted March 21st 1941

Even though I am trying to save up during these uncertain times, I cannot pass up on any Army PTO uniform that has a possible ID and or grouping for that matter as divisions like the 41st in the PTO are rarely mentioned when one talks about early army divisions committed to combat (considering most focus their attention on Operation Torch and the 1st and 3rd ID for example).

If anyone wants to see additional pictures, please feel free to message me here; comments are always welcome as well.

post-178778-0-26464700-1586470706.jpg

post-178778-0-34512800-1586470712.jpg

post-178778-0-22355500-1586470720.jpg

The 41st is the primary Oregon Army National Guard unit, but at a brigade size currently.

The Oregon Military Museum might be able to help you.

Their website is: www.oregonmilitarymuseum.org I believe they also have a Facebook page.

Other contact info is: Oregon Military Museum, Camp Withycombe, 15300 SE Minuteman Way, Clackamas, OR 97015, Phone: 503-683-5359, Fax: 503-683-4913, e-mail: [email protected]

I think George N Klauck is the likely owner based off how I found his final rank to have been SSGT and he left for overseas duty on March 10th, 1942.

I think George N Klauck is the likely owner based off how I found his final rank to have been SSGT and he left for overseas duty on March 10th, 1942.

Hey Seth, do you have a roster or some kind of list where you saw the date he left overseas and or his final rank? Also wow, i was thinking it was one of the 2 Californians as they would be the closest to Washington and Oregon which would be the areas the 41st drew upon for soldiers. But if you found that evidence, that is a very good lead

The 41st is the primary Oregon Army National Guard unit, but at a brigade size currently.

The Oregon Military Museum might be able to help you.

Their website is: www.oregonmilitarymuseum.org I believe they also have a Facebook page.

Other contact info is: Oregon Military Museum, Camp Withycombe, 15300 SE Minuteman Way, Clackamas, OR 97015, Phone: 503-683-5359, Fax: 503-683-4913, e-mail: [email protected]

Hi Steve, I will definitely make use of this contact too as I can verify for example if Klauck is indeed the vet

Hey Seth, do you have a roster or some kind of list where you saw the date he left overseas and or his final rank? Also wow, i was thinking it was one of the 2 Californians as they would be the closest to Washington and Oregon which would be the areas the 41st drew upon for soldiers. But if you found that evidence, that is a very good lead

I found his final rank on the Pennsylvania veterans burial cards and the dates of overseas service on the Penn. veterans compensation applications. Both were on ancestry.

I found his final rank on the Pennsylvania veterans burial cards and the dates of overseas service on the Penn. veterans compensation applications. Both were on ancestry.

Would you be able to send and or post that if you had some time, I really appreciate the help as that makes me very happy to say the least