New from New York!

Worldwar_Collector

Worldwar_Collector

Hi,

My name is Jared and I am a 18 year old collector from New York. I started collecting almost 6 years now and I could not be more proud of my collection! It started with an interest in painted helmets but now I am mainly interested in collecting Purple Hearts. I am currently in college studying to become a social studies teacher. Growing up watching as many war shows and movies as my dad would show me made me fall in love with history. My all time favorite would be Band of Brothers. I have browsed this forum as a guest for about a year, but being in quarantine has made my quest for learning about this hobby reach an all time high. With that being said, I decided to join the forum! I not only joined the forum to learn new information, but to hopefully make some friends in the Militaria community. I also have an Instagram under the same name (Worldwar_Collector) that I must admit I have not been very active on. But I am looking to change that. Hopefully being active on here will also make me more active on there. I think I attached a picture of my collection but please let me know if it uploaded correctly as I am still figuring out this page. If you can see the picture I will post them individually over time, just thought I'd share the big picture right away.

I look forward to meeting and getting to know all of you as I join this forum marking a milestone in my collecting career!

-Jared

post-296141-0-19192700-1586466791_thumb.jpeg

BILL THE PATCH

Welcome from a fellow new Yorker, where abouts ?, Nice collection would love to see close ups.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Welcome. Your collection looks interesting. If you need something to do, post some of your individual pieces. That way we will have something to do too!

Mikie

Worldwar_Collector

Welcome from a fellow new Yorker, where abouts ?, Nice collection would love to see close ups.

Thank you I most certainly will be posting close ups soon! I live in the Newburgh-Kingston area how about yourself?

Worldwar_Collector

Nice collection and welcome to the forum, dropped you a follow on insta!

Thank you for the follow! I don't have much up right now but I'll start posting on a consistent basis.

Hello Jared,

Welcome aboard. That's a nice looking collection,I like the 98k. Are you a member of the World Militaria Forum? You can post all your non US items there.

Dennis

BILL THE PATCH

Thank you I most certainly will be posting close ups soon! I live in the Newburgh-Kingston area how about yourself?

Glen's falls area, near Saratoga

Worldwar_Collector

Welcome. Your collection looks interesting. If you need something to do, post some of your individual pieces. That way we will have something to do too!

Mikie

Thank you Mikie and I most definitely will be posting them soon!

-Jared

Hello Jared,

Welcome aboard. That's a nice looking collection,I like the 98k. Are you a member of the World Militaria Forum? You can post all your non US items there.

Dennis

Thank you for the welcome Dennis! I am not a member of the World Militaria Forum....I'll have to sign up!

-Jared

Glen's falls area, near Saratoga

That's not to far...I go camping at the Lake George RV park every one or two years which shouldn't be that far from you! Have you ever been to The Patriot in Lake George? It's a very nice Militaria shop with a Purple Heart museum in the back!

-Jared

BILL THE PATCH

Thank you Mikie and I most definitely will be posting them soon!

-Jared

Thank you for the welcome Dennis! I am not a member of the World Militaria Forum....I'll have to sign up!

-Jared

That's not to far...I go camping at the Lake George RV park every one or two years which shouldn't be that far from you! Have you ever been to The Patriot in Lake George? It's a very nice Militaria shop with a Purple Heart museum in the back!

-Jared

Yes I know the owner personally and his father, who also a collector/ dealer. I think they are mostly usmc purple hearts. A pretty impressive collection. I know exactly where lake George RV park is. Rt 149. Next time your up stop in Saratoga springs to see the NY State military museum.

Worldwar_Collector

Yes I know the owner personally and his father, who also a collector/ dealer. I think they are mostly usmc purple hearts. A pretty impressive collection. I know exactly where lake George RV park is. Rt 149. Next time your up stop in Saratoga springs to see the NY State military museum.

I don't know the father but the owner is certainly a very nice and knowledgeable person. I've only been to Saratoga Springs once for the horse racing so next time I go I'll definitely check it out!

Welcome from a native upstater. It's fabulous to get younger folks into this rewarding and important hobby. I am a 78th Division focused collector (50 years), so you are right in the heart of 78th country and I am jealous!! Welcome. These folks are a wealth of expertise and wisdom. You will be glad you found this site.

Worldwar_Collector

Welcome from a native upstater. It's fabulous to get younger folks into this rewarding and important hobby. I am a 78th Division focused collector (50 years), so you are right in the heart of 78th country and I am jealous!! Welcome. These folks are a wealth of expertise and wisdom. You will be glad you found this site.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I've haven't had too many interactions with members on here yet but those that I have talked to have been very knowledgeable and helpful. I am certainly glad so far!

-Jared

Welcome from western NY. I'll second Bill the Patch's comment on the NY military museum. It's a real gem. You have a nice collection there..

Worldwar_Collector

Welcome from western NY. I'll second Bill the Patch's comment on the NY military museum. It's a real gem. You have a nice collection there..

Thank you for the welcome! I'll definitely have to go check it out when this whole quarantine thing is over. And thank you, it's certainly not as big as most collections on here but it's good enough for me!

-Jared