Mint 1941 manufacture Colt 1911A1 .45ACP

mdk0911

Beautiful gun!

Odd that they don't show the barrel markings or matching serial number on the slide. Much value is associated with a matching slide. Them just saying it's a matching gun wouldn't be sufficient for me if I were a bidder.

M1 Thompson

I expect it to close at $6K+. But, for that kind of money, I want to see pics of everything before bidding. It should be detail stripped and photographed.

Study this seller's prior auctions with care. He turns up a remarkable number of pristine guns--mostly Colts and the high bidder is almost always SpiritLaker at astronomical prices. A short time later the same gun will show up for sale on another site. Due diligence is a must.

everforward

This seller always offers up minty pieces, this one being no exception...it's a beauty. He always gets top dollar too.

Having said that, I'd want to see it all broken down (like others have said) before bidding.

Met a WW2 USMC pilot who had his Colt issued to him in 1941.He had flown off Guadalcanal.The pistol was a blued model and he had the holster,belt,mag pch and two spare mags.

I agree with you all, really needs pics field stripped. Would want to see the back of the grips as well as the slide and barrel. That being said, what a beauty!

Also notice how he will change the background color to match the finish of the gun he's selling. Makes the finish look much better than it is. I agree with what you all have said. Always photos not there that should be and same buyers/bidders. Stocks on M1 Carbines all look alike!

I'm beginning to believe that there is a reason he is not showing stripped parts as the carbine he has for sale is suspect

I thinking maybe this 1911 to good to be true?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't collect these things, but I watched the auction as I was just curious what this would sell for. Final sale price - $12,026.00.

Guess I won't be buying any Rare Blued WW2 1911A1 pistols any time soon.

Wow.

• 2 weeks later...

thats a rare piece of history for the M1911A1 collector, early war time, excellent condition

I would be happy with a modern COLT reproduction, something with the look & feel of an original that could be used for regular use

to pay that kind of money, one has t be a hard core 45 collector. for an early war 45 to survive in that condition is rear.  RS proofed 45's were high quality with a beautiful blued finish.