Helmets in Use - WW2 Era Armor and WW2 M1 Steel Helmet

MWalsh

Thought the armor helmet and steel helmet collectors might like seeing these pics. The armor one speaks for itself. The group photo of the men in the steel helmets, they are in front of a large trailer, maybe communications men? Not quite sure what their helmets say, but I sort of think rank and then their last name. Seems like PFC is visible on one of the helmets, and perhaps something like T5 on some of the others? Just not sure.

post-440-0-33101100-1586393199.jpg

Names on helmets?

The guys in the second photo are all wearing helmet liners. It looks like it was taken during WW2 era stateside training. Names on liners was common. Cool photos!

Thought the armor helmet and steel helmet collectors might like seeing these pics. The armor one speaks for itself. The group photo of the men in the steel helmets, they are in front of a large trailer, maybe communications men? Not quite sure what their helmets say, but I sort of think rank and then their last name. Seems like PFC is visible on one of the helmets, and perhaps something like T5 on some of the others? Just not sure.

attachicon.gifHelmetArmor.JPG

Any identification on this photo, name, unit, date, etc. Is this copyrighted or can I use it ?

Larry

BILL THE PATCH

It actually looks like tape, or maybe the paint was applied very thick.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

The helmet being held buy the guy in the top middle looks strange. Any idea what it is?

post-440-0-59692300-1586393275.jpg

Perhaps a M42 British/Canadian Dispatch Rider Helmet???

post-34986-0-35656500-1586818719.jpgpost-34986-0-96551800-1586818730.jpg

The helmet being held buy the guy in the top middle looks strange. Any idea what it is?

The guy at the top left is holding a liner with the front edge facing downward.

post-2064-0-82379100-1586965453_thumb.jpg

Tom

Here's one of my favorite. I didn't save the caption unfortunately, but if memory serves, this photograph was taken in Italy in May 1944, minutes after their tank was destroyed.

post-157805-0-78735100-1587000767_thumb.jpg