34th ID/88th ID uniform with some great insignia

ASMIC2971

Post SOS buy, but the wheels were in motion that weekend. I was floored when I saw the original photos of the group, once I got it in hand it took a bit to pick my jaw off the floor. No name, but it has some stunning insignia on it! The 34th is on the left sleeve, 88th on the right side. The group also came with a photo of the vet wearing the the uniform, but sadly no name.

Hope you all enjoy this new addition to my herd as I do.

post-5665-0-13107000-1586392790_thumb.jpg

post-5665-0-08374500-1586392936.jpg

Fixbayonets!

Very Very nice! I was wondering if the numbers on the 34th are bullion or metal? If metal, I thought they might be the numbers taken off of German shoulder boards. I have seen that before.

Rob

BILL THE PATCH

Yes either French numbers or German or Italian, fellow member mort has a few with numbers on it. I have a similar 34th patch, mine is not bullion nor has any numbers

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

57f32fc323d8fd7d11628ee6f0fa3c12.jpg

Did you notice that the numeral 4 is upside down? I have an Italian made tab that has two upside down numeral 4s. There must be others.

Yes either French numbers or German or Italian, fellow member mort has a few with numbers on it. I have a similar 34th patch, mine is not bullion nor has any numbers Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk 57f32fc323d8fd7d11628ee6f0fa3c12.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

No never took notice of that, huh ain't that something. I would just think it's a European style if I ever noticed that. Wonder why it's made like that?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Ive also seen a few 34th tabs that have the upside down 4 myself. Dont have an example myself, but the 4 on my other tab looks almost like an L.

It seems to be that the variations of tabs are as endless as the variations of the SSI. This makes my fourth Red Bull with metal numbers added, but my first for an Infantry Regiment. This is part of a larger group that had some great souvenir scarfs and other TM insignia.

Like I said no name, but this grunt was obviously proud of his time with the 133rd IR, 34th ID and 88th ID based on all the pieces on the uniform.