Just Saw on Ebay

SKIPH

Hey Gang! Just want to inform anyone who might be interested. Just saw a Camillus blade marked M4 w/ nice rubber handle on ebay. Item # 392754236787, with a buy now price of $125.00. Blade finish is worn, and saw a tiny ding in blade. For the price, and rarity it might be a really good buy. I already own two, so I'm not interested.. Thought someone here might want to grab it. I do not know the seller. If someone could post the ad it would be appreciated. SKIP

Looks like it has a Utica lock plate. My theory on these is that they were done in Japan for the Korean War. WW2 bayonets with deteriorated leather were disassembled, handles (to include the wooden handles and the rubber handles) attached and lock plates put on from the ones removed. This will be my second rubber handled M4, the first one I received from my Father who carried it 1952-53 in Korea.

Glad you were able to pick it up! I thought about it but seeing as I'm at home temporarily unemployed, this probably isn't a good time to buy more bayonets!

Glad to help you out Bill! SKIP

First, thanks Skip!

Secondly, thanks Matt for not picking it up before me. It's an interesting addition to my Camillus M4 group.

Finally, my best wishes to anyone out there who is temporarily unemployed. I'm fortunate to work from home as an engineering consultant, and at the moment seem to have plenty of work lined up.

Regards to all.