Yet Another Named PH - No Story

ErwinRommel1940

ErwinRommel1940

Hello all,

Here is another named PH. No story with this one (I haven't been able to find anything on him either). Official or unofficial? - I'm guessing unofficial since it doesn't match up with anything I've seen listed as official. Anything known about this engraving style?

Thanks for the help in advance!

post-293972-0-17972000-1586381150_thumb.jpg

post-293972-0-47928900-1586381159_thumb.jpg

post-293972-0-15904800-1586381166_thumb.jpg

I would recommend you go to the medals reference topics, and / or use the forum search feature, as there are a lot of good pictures / discussions on the different types of engraving.

ErwinRommel1940

scottplen - Great, glad this one is not a dud!

Blacksmith - Thanks for your input. I have put quite some time into looking at engraving here and elsewhere. Unfortunately, I don't know a whole lot and I'm having a hard time finding comparable engraving (especially the other ones, where there is no comparison since they are privately done). Now that I know this 50s, I'm having a much easier time.

Im assuming this was an Ebay pick, I seemingly remember looking at this specific on and after reviewing my search history on a couple sites I had been looking it up. I never could pin down which guy it was for whatever that's worth. Many other members here are more advanced with that part of the research and might be able to help. Could be for WW2(replacement) or Korea.

This could be your guy - You should consider getting an Ancestry Account if you plan to collect named medals

Service # 33058924 - Overseas 7/1/44 to 9/4/45

Discharged 10/28/45

Bill

post-248-0-08987600-1586389623_thumb.jpeg

ErwinRommel1940

This could be your guy - You should consider getting an Ancestry Account if you plan to collect named medals

Service # 33058924 - Overseas 7/1/44 to 9/4/45

Discharged 10/28/45

Bill

Hi Bill,

I do have an ancestry account and found this record. I skipped this record as it indicated that he had a middle initial...interesting that once you view the file, it does not appear he has one. I'll do some more research on him. Thanks!