MK2 - 1219C2 knife: production, models and dating

Peter279

Hello,

I ask this question because it's difficult to find an overall view.

I search information about the manufacturers of MK2-1219C2 knife: their models (guard marking, blade marking...), production quantities and dating of each models.
I just know there were four: Pal, Camillus, Robeson and Union Cutlery.

Thank you ver much,

I have found Frank Trzaska's 12-2005, 1-2006, 6-1999, and 8-2006 articles in "Knife World Magazine" to be very useful. Also his 7-2017 article in "Knife Magazine".

M.H. Cole's Book III and IV are good. Bill Walters new Book II is very good. It has 75 pages covering these knives and their sheaths.

Knife Magazine has an on-line membership option, I believe for about $20/year. This allows one to read their library of articles written in their magazine archives over the years. Also if one finds a specific monthly magazine especially desirable they have many of them available for purchase, this is independent of the annual on-line membership.

A lot of the really good well researched information over the years comes from many of these individual articles that as of yet haven't found their way into books. It's a bit harder to research many of these articles, but as you've seen already in this thread, there is a lot of experience here that the members are very ready to share. Good luck with your own research, but be warned it tends to be addicting.