WAC Overseas garrison cap insignia missing or not?

AZPhil

Hello All,

Some here may have seen my Aunt Annie's uniform I posted,

While looking at it closer, I noticed either a moth nip or a previous insignia hole?

I didn't think about it until I was looking at a site which showed WAAC& WAC uniforms.

Listed under the enlisted WAC's it showed a OS/garrison cap with the Pallas Athena insignia being worn on the cap.

Am I missing the insignia?

Here are pic's of mine.

post-11740-0-16786500-1586302180.jpg\

post-11740-0-58027000-1586302207.jpg

Semper Fi

Phil

According to the Dressed for Duty book, rank insignia or a DUI was worn on the overseas cap.

What rank was your aunt? Could it have been a DUI for the Air Corp? I don't believe the Athena insignia would have made one hole. It would have made two.

...Kat

Hello Kat,

She was a SSgt.in the AAF in the CBI. I had posted a thread about her here before. You replied in it.

Here is Her wool jacket.

post-11740-0-36256900-1586308536.jpg

Semper Fi

Phil

Phil,

Sorry that I forgot. I am old.

I wonder if it could have been some type of a DUI for the CBI or Air Corps. I am looking thru my women's reference books to see if there was a DUI for the WAC. I do not remember one but I could have forgotten.

...Kat

Is that WAC piping?....Looks like maybe gold with green.....If so, being an NCO, we know the hat shouldn't have a rank insignia on it....Bodes

I found it on this site. it is refering to it as a male pattern and I can see the Pallas Athena, But the third pic down the wool is wearing an insignia , But not sure if that is the Pallas Athena like the Male pattern garrison.

http://www.blitzkriegbaby.de/homepage.htm

I cant save it as an image to ZOOM in on it.

Semper Fi

Phil

Bodie it is yellow and green, But have been told that is the WAC color and worn on enlisted caps

Kat did they wear an Pallas Athena on the type I have from her?

Semper Fi

Phil

Bodie it is yellow and green, But have been told that is the WAC color and worn on enlisted caps

Semper Fi

Phil

That is indeed the correct pipling colors for an enlisted WAC...Bodes

Phil,

I like looked at the Blitzkrieg website. I believe you are correct. It could have been the WAAC enlisted disk as shown in the picture.

..Kat

Ok I think I got it Kat,

I just went through 4 pages on ebay for Womens Army Corps and found a Photo of a WAAC wearing the Pallas Athena on a garrison cap.

So the WAAC's wore it,but the WAC's did not wear that insignia on their garrison caps. And since my Aunt Joined in 43 she was not a part of the WAAC's and was just a WAC's and would not of had that insignia on her garrison cap,

Is that correct?

Semper Fi

Phil

Phil,

I would assume you are correct. I have been looking thru my books trying to find any reference pictures. Everything I see so far for this cap is either rank insignia on the officer's cap or DUI insignia. She may have worn the Air Corps disc since she was an Air WAC or a CBI type of DUI. I have not found any pictures to back this theory up so this is just a guess. I found some interesting info about the CBI WACs in one of my books.

...Kat

Thank you Kat for taking the time and effort to look for me.

Mr. Jerry thank you for chiming in on your thoughts to confirm what Kat has mentioned.

That's 2 votes and I think a CBI DUI would look great on her uniform display.

I must have close to 80 photo's of her and I only know of one where she is wearing the visor cap and the other I think that is her wearing the Fez petting the donkey. Not sure she could have been taking the photo, But she was a Sergeant in the other photo's of her there.The WAC on the right side is wearing a what looks like a DUI but even when I ZOOM in I can't make it out to be either a AAF or CBI DUI.

You can see the soldier in the back ground has the AAF patch on his shirt.

post-11740-0-00526700-1586491229.jpg

post-11740-0-61936100-1586491247.jpg

Semper Fi

Phil