11th Corps and 20th Corps Badges of Maj. William H. Lambert

USCapturephotos

Wow again. What an amazing group. I remember reading that the 33rd were a Zouave unit but wasn't sure what their uniforms looked like. Do you know of the famous New Jersey Civil War image collector, John Kuhl? He may have other views of Major Lambert. Actually...I wonder if this Lambert family had something to do with the formation of "Lambertville" New Jersey along the Delaware River..just north of where Washington's Crossing took place.

Paul

After leaving the 33rd New Jersey and 20th Corps Major Lambert went to Washington D.C. to serve on the staff of General O.B. Wilcox.... This is the hat badge he wore until mustered out ln July 1865.

post-758-0-88400400-1586712753_thumb.jpg

Gheee Jack...WOW.....Like I have always said...it pays to go to your local thrift stores. BB

Hey Bill, hope you are doing good. Even a blind man finds a treasure every now and then.

JK

• 2 weeks later...
DoubleEnvelopment

Cool. The 11th Corps built and occupied some earthworks in close proximity to my house and behind it, during the CSA retreat from Gettysburg. Maybe your soldier camped in my back yard?