Troubles finding the ID on this patch

Gerradtgrant

Gerradtgrant

Can someone please tell me more about this patch? I can't seem to locate it anywhere. Sorry about the terrible picture, it is all I can get for the moment. Posted Image

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Gerradtgrant

This looks like a school patch. It doesn't look military to me.

Allan

Thank You Allan, I figured non military was a likely scenario.

Gerradtgrant

It's in a group of 90% WWII Army/USAAF Patches. This would be the only non military patch in the group.

Gerradtgrant

try scanning the image and doing a google search with multiple keywords of "ROTC" military academy and etc....

I did a Google AI photo search and got zero results. Are you able to put in text when doing a AI photo search?

Gerradtgrant

Detroit Michigan ROTC is what I found online, looks 50s/60/ period

Thanks, I will do some more research with this information.

ocsfollowme

ask wake did, right click on photo and search google. you can then type in "rotc patch" and the patch comes in with the name that wake said from ebay.

Gerradtgrant

I just searched R rotc patch, took 30 seconds. I thought it could be for Rutgers but they have a different design.

Thanks again, I will keep that in mind next time I encounter something like this. I seem to forget about ROTC.

Redford HS JROTC pre-1977 JM 1991 Trading Post.

Many Detroti area JROTC patches are the same w/ the exception of the letter for the school name and I believe patches are in school colors. Since I don't collect non-military, don't have too much interest to research.

This patch is from the Detroit Public High Schools ROTC Program and used from the late 50's thru the 60's and very early 70's. Each school, 18 in all, had a patch like this with its school colors. This patch was from Redford High School. I went to Mackenzie High School in the mid 60's and the patch we wore was exact accept the colors were Blue with a Silver slash and a capital M in the middle.

Gerradtgrant

This patch is from the Detroit Public High Schools ROTC Program and used from the late 50's thru the 60's and very early 70's. Each school, 18 in all,  had a patch like this with its school colors. This patch was from Redford High School. I went to Mackenzie High School in the mid 60's and the patch we wore was exact accept the colors were Blue with a Silver slash and a capital M in the middle.

Very informative, thank you. Back when Detroit was a thriving industrial city.