T1gertank519

Strange Civil Defense Helmet Insignia

Is anyone familiar with this medical-esc helmet insignia on this green painted civil defense helmet? Is it ww2 era? Thank you for your help. I apologize that I had to import one picture without using the proper forum tool. I received an error every time I used the paperclip.

-Preston

post-292818-15861518822576.jpg

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green is "Safety" , you see it on stickers and other such items aroound manufacturing. Never seen anything like this. Definitely post war. 1950's - 1960's?

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

I've neve seen the green helmet, but in case your interested here is a list of the symbols.

post-289680-0-02030300-1586170333.jpg

Hello,

That is not a standard WW II era CD helmet. It is probably from a factory or heavy industry.

BKW

The "Green cross" was used for the national safety council in WWII (and maybe earlier) for factory and work place safety. but I agree that helmet insignia is post WWII.

nsc-logo-top.png

Mr.JERRY
Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons,US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms,Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

I agree with the above comment. This strikes me as an industrial item as opposed to Civil Defense.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Source: Newspapers.com

Publication: The Journal News

Issue Date: Saturday, October 16, 1971

Page: Page 52

Glen Mosman from Nevada, Ohio worked for Buckeye Power, Inc., an electric power generating corporation serving Ohio’s 28 Rural Electric Cooperatives.

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

Thank you guys! I saw this at a friends house and it struck me as odd to say the least. I’m surprised the man could be found on newspapers. I suppose that about settles it eh? Everybody have a good day and stay safe during these times.

-Preston

You're welcome Preston. I'm kind of curious about the location of the helmet in light of the newspaper article. Is/was the helmet anywhere near Nevada, Ohio? Hope you and yours stays safe as well. Take care...--Matt

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

You're welcome Preston.  I'm kind of curious about the location of the helmet in light of the newspaper article.  Is/was the helmet anywhere near Nevada, Ohio?  Hope you and yours stays safe as well.  Take care...--Matt

Surprisingly it’s in Arizona, specifically near Glendale. The guy who wanted to get rid of it said he got it from a vets son, but don’t they all say that? He thought it was some sort of combat medic helmet and I couldn’t help but laugh a bit behind closed doors. Stay safe Mr. Aznation!

-Preston

Thanks Preston,

I found this just now. I think Glen's son Joe may be the obvious Arizona connection.

Deceased Name: Glen Mosman

Courier, The (Findlay, OH) - May 9, 2003

Edition: 01

Section: A

Page: 05

NEVADA Funeral services for Glen Robert Mosman , 80, of rural Nevada, will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at Lucas Funeral Home, Upper Sandusky. Burial will be in Pleasant Ridge Cemetery, west of Sycamore.

Visitation will be held from 3-5 and 7-9 p.m. today at the funeral home.

Mr. Mosman died Wednesday, May 7, 2003 at Wyandot Memorial Hospital, Upper Sandusky.

Surviving are his wife, Mabel (Margraf) Mosman , rural Nevada; two sons, Michael (Linda) of Nevada; and Joe of Tucson, Ariz.; a daughter, Mrs. Ed (Ann) Mossbruger Jr., Upper Sandusky; a brother, Charles of Nevada; and a sister, Mrs. Myron (Alice) King, Nevada.

Memorials may be made to Eden Chapel United Methodist Church or to a charity of the donor's choice.

Record: 3619813

Copyright: Copyright, 2003, Findaly Publishing Co., All Rights Reserved.