Reaching for the SKY

SKIPH

Hey Gang! Just found this Camillus MK1 for sale on ebay. Ebay # 184239603678. Seller has a Buy Now price of $777.00. Thought it might have been a mistake, but he has a monthly payment plan to go with it. Checked out his other items, mostly pawn shop stuff. I do not know the dealer. Knife is nice, but not at that price. Study up on your hobby gang. If someone could post the ad, it would be appreciated. SKIP

I picked up my Mk1 Camillus in a leather sheath for $38. The last Mk1 that I picked up was an almost mint PAL for $70. I can't see how the value has climbed to this seller's price, but you can find all sorts of example on ebay for outlandish asking prices.

phantomfixer- Thanks for posting. Bill, I have 16 MK1s, most in very good to excellent condition, a couple of mint ones too. I don't think I paid $777 for all of them put together. Most averaged $40-$75. SKIP

phantomfixer- Thanks for posting. Bill, I have 16 MK1s, most in very good to excellent condition, a couple of mint ones too. I don't think I paid $777 for all of them put together. Most averaged $40-$75. SKIP

That has been my experience also.

I have one of each manufacturer, plus a couple extra.

FWIW- There's a Camillus MK1 for sale ebay # 274327843962. Buy Now for $74, much more realistic. SKIP

• 1 month later...

Just saw on ebay this Camillus MK1 is up for sale again. Same seller. Still has a buy now price of $777.00 w/ a 24 month payment plan. He's persistent anyway.  SKIP