Abraham Spangler 24th Corps I.D. Badge

skypilot6670

This is the only group in my collection .I had forgotten how much I like this Badge and the associated artifacts , until I started looking for badges to post .This group includes his Corps Badge,general service button,GAR members badge,2 discharges , a copy of a photo of him, a certificate of an airplane ride for his wife at 89 years old and 2 misc letters.

Engraved Abram Spangler Co B 54th PVV with a blue star. It has its original ribbon and eagle broach. The badge is very well done and highly detailed.

Spangler enlisted on 9/9/61 was captured at Paw Paw West Va. on 10/5/62 and was paroled . He was captured a second time at High Bridge Va. on 4/4/65 and was paroled at Appomattox . He was discharged on 7/15/65. Then he was married in 1867. He died on December 3rd 1894 at 53 years old , due to insanity from a service related injury.

post-137056-0-40990700-1586021985_thumb.jpegpost-137056-0-19509600-1586022519_thumb.jpeg

Neat. My great great grandfather, Pvt Daniel Sanders, Co I, 203rd PVI, served in the XXIV Corps too, but he never got such a badge -- he died of typhoid about a week after Lee's surrender.

G

M24 Chaffee

Really great looking badge with added bonus of a nice ribbon! The photo and other information is very cool to have! Too bad that he still suffered from that war and only lived to age 53.

Frank