Pictorial History Of The Second World War

m1ashooter

When my dad was in HS during WW2 he bought a set of books titled Pictorial History Of The Second World War published by Wm. H. Wise and Co., Inc in 1944 with the last volume printed in 1946. The volumes contain pictures shot by the international press and combat cameramen. When I get my scanner working I'll share some of the pictures. Does anyone know the value of the set? They aren't for sale and to me they are a priceless history of our greatest struggle.

I think I have the same book that you refer to. These tend to be pretty common, and shouldn't be worth an awful lot. I love the fact that they belonged to your father, who was part of the "Greatest Generation".

I have Readers Digest "Illustrated History of World War II" and Colliers "Photographic History of World War II". I also have Simonds "History of the World War". I got two of these out of the garbage and the other at a gunshow. I dont remember which.

The Advanced Book Exchange has single volumes ranging from $17 to $35 each, and one seller has the entire set of eight books for $200.

I've tried to sell the six volumes that I had on eBay with a starting bid of $20 for the set and couldn't find a buyer.

Hope that helps with putting a value on the group!

Dave