Most and Least Common Division WW2 Uniforms!

huntssurplus

I saw my first 98th ID on eBay a few months ago and made sure to buy it. Had a 4th army patch on the right sleeve, it was an officers jacket. Not pin on insignia remaining, It was named and dated 1943 in the pocket. Haven't done research on the vet, but it's good to know they exist! I always thought the 98th was interesting as it was the one of only two divisions to never see combat, and while the other (13th Airborne) did make it overseas to England, the 98th only ever made it to Hawaii (which was an overseas deployment at the time). 

20th Armored is another that seems hard to find, most of the higher number armored division seem to be honestly. the 93rd division might be one of the rarest though as I haven't even seen pictures of 93rd ID uniforms. 

5 hours ago, huntssurplus said:

I saw my first 98th ID on eBay a few months ago and made sure to buy it. Had a 4th army patch on the right sleeve, it was an officers jacket. Not pin on insignia remaining, It was named and dated 1943 in the pocket. Haven't done research on the vet, but it's good to know they exist! I always thought the 98th was interesting as it was the one of only two divisions to never see combat, and while the other (13th Airborne) did make it overseas to England, the 98th only ever made it to Hawaii (which was an overseas deployment at the time). 

20th Armored is another that seems hard to find, most of the higher number armored division seem to be honestly. the 93rd division might be one of the rarest though as I haven't even seen pictures of 93rd ID uniforms. 

I have a 93rd ID uniform, named fortunately.

C558AC05-1D68-48C6-B8BD-6499863BEBDB.jpeg

Awesome two uniforms from the 93rd! Thanks for sharing! Always love seeing these rare and hard to find infantry divisions!

Hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk