Interesting 7th AAF B-25 Crewman's aircraft patch

CW4AFB

Last week I posted pictures of WW2 SSG stripes with wings inserted between the upper stripes and the lower rocker---

they came from a B-25 Crewman's grouping which was donated to the Virginia National Guard Historical Foundation a few weeks ago--

I finally got around to lowering the size of some of the photos and scans of other items in the group---As you can see, two presentation cases came with the grouping along with tons of photos, documentation and 7th AAF magazines and while one needs some maintenance, in the center is a patch from their aircraft -the Vicious Virgin II - certainly something I hadn't seen before.

the squadron flew missions primarily in the Marshall Islands and their first base was on Tarawa--so I've included a few photos from their time there. It appears the Vicious Virgin II crashed and was later replaced by the Vicious Virgin III

post-2235-0-90487500-1585851149_thumb.jpg

post-2235-0-18640600-1585851162_thumb.jpg

post-2235-0-16627200-1585851226.jpg

That is one awesome patch, and to have a photo of the aircraft as well, killer! I have one of these myself, 8th AF, with a photo of the crew in front of the aircraft, they are as rare as hens teeth.

Congrats on a great group of items-7th AF stuff is tough to find!

Mark

That is one awesome patch, and to have a photo of the aircraft as well, killer! I have one of these myself, 8th AF, with a photo of the crew in front of the aircraft, they are as rare as hens teeth.

Congrats on a great group of items-7th AF stuff is tough to find!

Mark

Thanks Mark---we were lucky it was donated --- and the grouping also included a piece of the parachute he used when the VV II went down---as a records junky I was impressed to see the guys official file which included the log entry for each mission he flew--weather, target, flight times, everything...

Al