WW2 USAAF Officer grade four pocket with no cuff titles...why

P-59A

Can anyone come with a reason why a nice officer grade four pocket would have no cuff titles? I can find no ndications of EM stripes having been on it. I do see indications of a two rack ribbon bar having been on it.

post-169522-0-36040100-1585696111_thumb.jpg

Probably a Warrant Officer or Flight Officer....I have one WWII US Army uniform like this that is named to a Warrant Officer.

Cuff Titles?

do you mean Officers Cuff Braiding?

I'm sure that is what I mean. I could only think of what the Germans called them. Or something similar to them. Thanks!!

Probably a Warrant Officer or Flight Officer....I have one WWII US Army uniform like this that is named to a Warrant Officer.

Awww, That makes sence. Thanks!!!!

• 8 months later...

Seems the nature of an officer's blouse sans cuff braid has already been established with some of the posts above, but I'll add another piece of information: about a year ago, I purchased a Philadelphia QMD-procured officer's blouse minus the cuff braid, dated 3/4/1944.  The only insignia on it when I received it was a single US collar brass and an AAF patch on the left shoulder, but the inside had a stamp with a name and service number that started with a "T".  My grandmother's first cousin was a glider pilot in the ETO and achieved the rank of Flight Officer.  His service number started with a "T", so I purchased the uniform with the intent of creating a facsimile of our cousin's uniform.  However, when I received the uniform, I started researching the name and learned that this particular FO was a B-29 pilot with the 6th Bombardment Squadron, 29th Bombardment Group stationed on Guam. He earned an Air Medal and I even found an AP article published on 26 May 1945 quoting him after a nighttime fire bombing raid over Tokyo in which one of his B-29's engines caught fire after being caught in a search light during the bombing run and was hit by flak.  At some point I hope to learn the name of his aircraft and potentially find a group photo of the crew. Also I hope to find out what should go on the uniform's ribbon bar, but so far, the above is all I know.  I've picked up the insignia as I find it and there is a ghost of the 20th AF patch on the right sleeve, along with some stray threads where it had been sewn on. Another interesting thing about the blouse itself is that the belt buckle is green plastic, rather than the typical gold colored metal.

IMG_6443.JPG