D-Day Video = Facebook Suspension

james127

Saving Private Ryan is one of my favorite movies of all time. So going to the sector of Omaha Beach where the U.S. Army Rangers & the men of the 29th Infantry Division landed and fought was quite the profound experience for a history nerd like myself.

On another note, this video earned me a one week suspension from posting on any Facebook groups because they say that it violates their terms of community standards. You can check it out for yourself to see if there are any red flags in it, but it seems to be the least controversial video that I've ever made. Crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dddPqPuVs8&t=546s

Great video, I enjoyed it immensely.

Thanks! Appreciate that. Hopefully it gives people something to hold up to Saving Private Ryan to compare and contrast.

Another excellent look at history, James. Thanks for sharing. If there is anything controversial I sure didn't see it. I wonder if Tom Hanks or Mr. Zuckerberg would find that it violates "community standards"? I seldom go there. You do what your name says - "History Traveler" Lots of folks would like to actually see the places you report on but can't for any number of reasons. With your videos and reports it's like being there. keep up the great work. I think you should appeal the Face Book suspension and demand justification from them for their totally illogical decision. My 2-cents! Bob

The Rooster

I wonder what standards it violates ??? Thats crazy !

Its a great video! Thank you James !

Another excellent look at history, James. Thanks for sharing. If there is anything controversial I sure didn't see it. I wonder if Tom Hanks or Mr. Zuckerberg would find that it violates "community standards"? I seldom go there. You do what your name says - "History Traveler" Lots of folks would like to actually see the places you report on but can't for any number of reasons. With your videos and reports it's like being there. keep up the great work. I think you appeal the Face Book suspension and demand justification from them for their totally illogical decision. My 2-cents! Bob

Thanks. Appreciate that. After they banned me from any group posting, it asked if I disagreed with the decision (which of course, I did). And then that was it. Here's the kicker. I went to send my buddy a private message about it and linked the video. No go. Part of my suspension is that I can send links to the video in a private message either. Crazy.

I wonder what standards it violates ??? Thats crazy !

Its a great video! Thank you James !

I wish that I knew. They gave no explanation whatsoever. Weirdest thing that I've encountered on there. Thanks for the kind words though!

manayunkman

They might put it back up in a couple after a proper review is done.

Regardless I see nothing inappropriate.

I’ve watched all your videos on this forum, they touch my heart and I long to go back.

Well done and hopefully they reverse their decision.

Hookemhorns88

Another fantastic and informative video. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I am not a Facebooker at all but I am dumbfounded as to what would cause this video to not be shown. I would like to think that they simply have the wrong video in mind. Keep up the solid work James.

T Ambrosini

Agree, its another great video. As far as Facebook's response goes, I'll bet its the reference to Saving Private Ryan in the video title. This may be covered by their "intellectual property" clause. I'm disappointed that they didn't see fit to let you know what their concern was, leaving all of us guessing what the issue is. I'm looking forward to future installments of the series!

Tom

Who knows what goes on with Facebook??? I got the same thing for trying to sell some MREs - it went against their “community standards.”

Excellent video! Thanks for putting it together.

FB's algorithm likely picked up "Saving Private Ryan" in the title, and flagged is as a pirated version? Maybe they'll review, and allow it to be posted. Would be curious if you had the same results if you changed the title, and tried posting it again.

Also, music in the video may be copyrighted, however typically FB will remove the music, and allow the video to post.

An amazing video, very professionally done, thank you!

I agree with the others, there is absolutely nothing controversial in the video. It has to be a copyright/licensing issue due to having "Saving Private Ryan" in the title and it got flagged by their computer algorithm. The "community standards" message is probably a generic response as there isn't an actual person reviewing each and every video that gets posted. I wonder if you edit the title and re-post if it would go through.

They might put it back up in a couple after a proper review is done.

Regardless I see nothing inappropriate.

I’ve watched all your videos on this forum, they touch my heart and I long to go back.

Well done and hopefully they reverse their decision.

Thanks. Really appreciate that. Glad that you are enjoying the videos. As soon as I left, I was ready to go back.

Another fantastic and informative video. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I am not a Facebooker at all but I am dumbfounded as to what would cause this video to not be shown. I would like to think that they simply have the wrong video in mind. Keep up the solid work James.

Thanks! I'm hoping that it's just some sort of error. Definitely has me scratching my head.

Agree, its another great video. As far as Facebook's response goes, I'll bet its the reference to Saving Private Ryan in the video title. This may be covered by their "intellectual property" clause. I'm disappointed that they didn't see fit to let you know what their concern was, leaving all of us guessing what the issue is. I'm looking forward to future installments of the series!

Tom

Appreciate that. That might be the case. I don't know. With all of the random nonsense that I see on Facebook, it seems odd that a movie reference would get flagged. I hope that I don't sound like I'm whining or crying about it, but it definitely has me puzzled.

time for all of us to post this on Facebook?

Ha! I like how you think!

Great video. Very well done!

Thank you! Glad that you liked it.

Who knows what goes on with Facebook??? I got the same thing for trying to sell some MREs - it went against their “community standards.”

What the heck? That's even stranger than this.

Excellent video! Thanks for putting it together.

FB's algorithm likely picked up "Saving Private Ryan" in the title, and flagged is as a pirated version? Maybe they'll review, and allow it to be posted. Would be curious if you had the same results if you changed the title, and tried posting it again.

Also, music in the video may be copyrighted, however typically FB will remove the music, and allow the video to post.

That's about the best explanation that I can come up with right now. I've had some videos on YouTube demonitized or held up before when they dealt with WWII content or war. Tough times for us history guys :lol:

An amazing video, very professionally done, thank you!

I agree with the others, there is absolutely nothing controversial in the video. It has to be a copyright/licensing issue due to having "Saving Private Ryan" in the title and it got flagged by their computer algorithm. The "community standards" message is probably a generic response as there isn't an actual person reviewing each and every video that gets posted. I wonder if you edit the title and re-post if it would go through.

Thanks. Appreciate that kind words. I agree that it's probably a bot that got me suspended from posting to any groups. Pretty strange.