Leatherneck Magazine - Combat Correspondent?

firefighter

Gerradtgrant

I saw this posted on eBay, and thought the same thing. Have never seen one before. Is it a more rare patch?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

firefighter

I saw this posted on eBay, and thought the same thing. Have never seen one before. Is it a more rare patch?

Not sure how rare it is. But I agree, Ive never seen one before either. It looks to be 40’s-60’s era.

Gerradtgrant

Not sure how rare it is. But I agree, Ive never seen one before either. It looks to be 40’s-60’s era.

Seller indicates it doesn't glow. Can't believe it ended at only $22. I assumed it would do a little better. Either it's not all that rare or the "ER" being removed hurt the value a lot. Heck, I would have bid on it if I would have known it was going to go that low.

firefighter

Seller indicates it doesn't glow. Can't believe it ended at only $22. I assumed it would do a little better. Either it's not all that rare or the "ER" being removed hurt the value a lot. Heck, I would have bid on it if I would have known it was going to go that low.

I was also surprised and happy. If anyone has one that is in better shape I would love to see it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Gerradtgrant

If anyone has one that is in better shape I would love to see it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

+1

Wait a second. You are debating whether it is rare and say you have never seen one. Collecting for 65 years and never saw one. Perhaps the "ER" flaw hurt sale but it also shows the poor knowledge base for most of the people on ebay. Seems they only know what is in Steins and other booklets. There is just some incredible things being offered now on ebay that are going very reasonably just because they are unknown to the average collector and i might say even many who have been collecting for years but who have not expanded their knowledge base. I will in a separate post show a bunch of recent sales that were just terrific for several reasons. Oh by the way it was from my collection.