Ww2 goggles or Army ski troop goggles

Phfly1010

I own two pairs of what I was told were US Army Ski Patrol goggles. I see several references to similar products online for sale that say they are aviator goggles. If there's anyone who can clarify whether these type pictureds here where were used as Aviator goggles, please let me know because my understanding was these re only ski patrol use, not up to aviator pilot use. Thanks for any you can offer.

post-163304-0-69133700-1585582190_thumb.jpg

majormadmax

OK, opinion only but those look much more like ski googles than aviation ones. For one, if the latter they would greatly reduce the peripheral vision of the wearer. Secondly, there are many outlets (Sportsmans Guide, Cheaper Than Dirt, etc) that sell them as ski goggles.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/us-military-surplus-wwii-foster-grant-goggles-used?a=1317439

Thirdly, as you said, aviator goggles are must ore sturdy...

ONSV1266__14.jpg?v=1571454280

Lastly, if you Google WWII ski goggles, the majority of results look just like your pair!

Could some aviators have worn them? Possibly, but I am pretty sure they are intended for mountain troops!

Those are undoubtedly WWII US Army ski goggles. It used to be that you always found them in the brown leatherette case.

Allan