EGA pillow sham

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

Picked up this really nice embriodered felt EGA pillow sham. It will become the back drop to begin pinning the EGA's I've acquired over the years.

Seller gave me a name; SGT Harley Landrum. Says he was a Korea vet. Would someone possible provide any further history of e\service for this Marine?

post-9131-0-62899200-1585509311.jpg

Deceased Name: LANDRUM Harley Landrum

Columbus Dispatch, The (OH) - March 31, 2011

Edition: Home Final Section: NewsPage: 3B

LANDRUM Harley Landrum , 83, of West Jefferson, died Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 6:30 p.m. in his residence. Mr. Landrum was born July 12, 1927 in Ray, Ohio, a son of Hollis and Garnett (Clark) Landrum . He was a sergeant in the United States Marines serving in both World War Two and the Korean Conflict. He became owner of the Landrum News Agency in 1972. He was very generous with his employees and was a most wonderful father. He is survived by his loving wife of 65 years, Lorraine Irene (Sparks) Landrum ; son, Harley Craig (Jackie) Landrum ; daughters, Pamela (Kenny) McCormick, Kimber Landrum (Wayne Francis); faithful companion, Heidi; grandchildren, Amanda (Jeff) Kulesza, Robert (Rebeca) Landrum , Matthew (Ashley) Dover, Tabitha Geiger, Johnathan, Jeffrey, and Joseph Francis; great-grandchildren, Tyler and Zoe Landrum , Brayden, Colton and Cameron Kulesza; brother, Dean Landrum ; sisters, May Payne, Mickey Howe, and Fawn Landrum ; many nieces and nephews; special friends, Joni Sprouse, Jimbo McCormick, Doug Farnholtz and Pat Smith. A graveside celebration of Mr Landrum 's life will be held Monday, April 4, 2011, 4 p.m. at the Hampton Court Cemetery, West Jefferson, with the Reverend Dale George officiating. Mr. Landrum 's funeral arrangements have been entrusted to the RADER-LYNCH AND DODDS FUNERAL HOME, 124 E. High St., London. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.rldfuneralhome.com.

Index terms: Obituary ; Obituary ; NamelistRecord: 20095986

Copyright: THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH Copyright © 2011 The Dispatch Printing Co.

Source: https://rosscounty.pastperfectonline.com/

Evidently the Ross County Historical Society has a black and white photograph of Harley Landrum. You could always email them at the address given and request a copy of it. I think there might be a small fee involved but I don't know how much. That is, if you're interested.

g1.jpg

Also, someone with an Ancestry.com account might be nice enough to provide you with information regarding what's on his Muster Rolls.