"43-BOYT" K-BAR

INIMICUS

happy '09 gents -

thought you'd enjoy seeing this early ka-bar w/the "olean ny" address and the big "usmc" without the periods. sort of a beater, and needs re-tipped, plus the guard re-bent.

BUT it's also got the round tang, pin-less pommel & the "USMC BOYT 43" scabb - which I think 'ya rarely see.

how much more desirable are these than the normal wartime ka-bars types

any and all comments welcome. thanks and '09 best,

david

post-496-1231690362.jpg

pic 2

happy '09 gents -

thought you'd enjoy seeing this early ka-bar w/the "olean ny" address and the big "usmc" without the periods. sort of a beater, and needs re-tipped, plus the guard re-bent.

BUT it's also got the round tang, pin-less pommel & the "USMC BOYT 43" scabb - which I think 'ya rarely see.

how much more desirable are these than the normal wartime ka-bars types

any and all comments welcome. thanks and '09 best,

david

post-496-1231690420.jpg

and th' blade ain't even been sharpened!

Nice old war horse. I love them in this condition. You can actually use them! :D

Greg Robinson

I remember seeing that knife on ebay. Looks right as rain to me but it has condition issues.....broken tip, bent guard, and I think it has some damage to the scabbard. But if this is not a problem then it's a legit, probably unmessed with, example of an early production Marine KA-BAR. The earlier versions with the "early" OLEAN NY maker mark are getting hard to find in any condition. And the USMC / BOYT/ 43 scabbards are very collectible.

Greg