Some new Netted Helmets - 1 USMC helmet

ArchangelDM

ArchangelDM

I hope everyone and their families are coping Well with the crisis we are all dealing with worldwide.

I wish you all good health for you and your families.

Here are 2 helmets I recently picked up from you pay,

Reason for the purchase was how attractive the nets where. If your like me then seeing original nets on helmets just really ticks the boxes.

1st up is a USMC helmet named too

ROY LORNZO CASTELLUCCI

He joined the corps in 43 and was with infantry battalion then headquarters battalion. Whats interesting is in 45 he was court-martialled. So something happened while serving, I dont have his files yet so who knows.

Shell has seen some action, net is torn and worn in 3 places with a large year at the top, the paint is gone and cork has been ground down in that area, looks like its taken an impact of sorts.

Nice to see where the net is torn that that paint shows damage also.

The liner and chinstraps are also show considerable use, the liner still has mud on the outside.

Whats also neat is the rust ring inside and the rust ring running along the brim, it matches the rust staining on the liner.

Pics below

ArchangelDM

Next up is a rear seam M1 with a really nice untouched example of a net.

Normally I wouldn’t have gone for it but that net had me at hello.

The net is pretty much stuck to the helmet, and on the knots they appear to be blackened, almost like a dark paint that’s been put on making it a little brittle.

Shell also shows mud and some scuffing.

On carefully removing the firestone liner you can see the net stuck to the inside of the helmet, never having being moved which I liked.

All in all an honest helmet with period original net.

These are some awesome helmets! Love the character and that it all fits together making it a beautiful look.

Congrats!

ArchangelDM

These are some awesome helmets! Love the character and that it all fits together making it a beautiful look.

Congrats!

I love me some netted helmets. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah who doesnt love a good netted helmet!....mike

Thankyou Gentleman

Just something about those nets fitted on an M1 that Really speaks to me and you also

Burning Hazard

The second helmet has an interesting net. I have as similar one; brown, thin, and no drawstring. Only similar examples I seen came from early war helmet used in North Africa.

Pat

post-8715-0-15484500-1585350974_thumb.jpg

ArchangelDM

The second helmet has an interesting net. I have as similar one; brown, thin, and no drawstring. Only similar examples I seen came from early war helmet used in North Africa.

Pat

Thats correct Pat, they are the Same net, interesting about the North Africa ones you have seen.

Lovey helmet by the way

Anyone else got any other examples of this net ?

- Dean