Photos - Your Favorite Collectables

BryanJ

I’m bored from being in CV lockdown mode and I’d like to start a thread to see your favorite collectables and short explanation why they are your favorites. Here goes:

Top photo is a Winchester M1D. Spent the night in CMPs parking lot 2 years ago to get it.

Next is “Red Star 1903”. If you’re not familiar with Red Stars, there is an interesting story behind them.

Third is a Bavarian Municipal Police Carbine acquired from CMP auction several years ago.

Last is a 1918 Colt 1911 that is correct down to the code on the magazine.

Let’s hear about yours:

post-175246-0-25669800-1585174703_thumb.jpeg

Well hell, I posted the wrong photo, but you can still see my favorites. The other Garand is a correct H&R that I have never shot and which appears unissued. The K31 has soldiers name under the butt plate. Yours?

What a fun idea! Off to finish making dinner, but I'll post tomorrow!

These are a few of my favorite things.... sitting quietly in the man cave my wife refers to as, "The Bunker."

Full size pics at...

https://imgur.com/plNiJKo

plNiJKob.jpg

agy306Gb.jpg

aiYYQ0zb.jpg

1TlQbQ8b.jpg

2kJxMySb.jpg

Y3ng5nDb.jpg

o9oWd5ab.jpg

EkGdoL3b.jpg

9kf27gCb.jpg

post-180924-0-47425900-1585361642_thumb.jpeg

...my 16"/50 battleship round weighs in at one ton as it sits, and I have had no luck in moving it into my living room for display...wives are such a pain.

That said, my OV-1 ejection seat is in the process of being turned into a very unique office chair, ( it is a USED pilot's ejection seat from a Mohawk that crashed in Germany in 1974) a bigger project than I thought.It is cleaning up very nicely, and discovering the history on it has been rewarding.post-180924-0-43964000-1585362091_thumb.jpeg

There are certainly some unique items out there. The ejection seat project looks intense. And as most folks like small ordnance like grenades, the 16" projectile is in a way different league. Very cool stuff indeed. Makes me smile. If y'all are like me, you can't really discuss it with most folks you run in to because they just can't grasp the concept of the hobby. Thanks for posting,

My favorite collectible is a Model 1808 Pomeroy contract militia musket that I picked up last Friday. Lemuel Pomeroy had a shop in Pittsfield, MA and made guns for many different state militias. According to the seller this one was issued to a militia that fought in the War of 1812. Stevepost-163461-0-80425100-1585414916.jpg

That said, my OV-1 ejection seat is in the process of being turned into a very unique office chair, ( it is a USED pilot's ejection seat from a Mohawk that crashed in Germany in 1974) a bigger project than I thought.It is cleaning up very nicely, and discovering the history on it has been rewarding.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Please restore that to its original shape if going the office chair route! Mk-J5B seats are pretty uncommon now since most of them either got scrapped when earlier model Mohawks were retired or the seats were rebuilt into Mk-J5D series in the mid 70s. If you dont plan on using that backpad, Id love to grab that from you.

Please restore that to its original shape if going the office chair route! Mk-J5B seats are pretty uncommon now since most of them either got scrapped when earlier model Mohawks were retired or the seats were rebuilt into Mk-J5D series in the mid 70s. If you dont plan on using that backpad, Id love to grab that from you.

Thank you for the information on the J5B model. My intention is to turn it into a chair, however I will strive to get some legs on it without butchering it up, drill out a few existing rivets for attaching holes and install AN hardware on the underside structure at most. After it goes out on the display route I will re- think selling it to someone that has a connection with it and can appreciate it for what it is.

Some C&R AOW's

attachicon.gifIMG_2407.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2408.jpg

Funny, just a couple days ago I was looking at/admiring an Ithaca Auto & Burglar on Gunbroker. Then you post this! Sadly the one on GB has a fractured pistol grip that's been repaired. Still, awesome pieces.

I have touched off both barrels of a double gun before, but thinking of doing it with one of those would really be painful.

Still, just wow. Thanks for posting.

colt thompson

Funny, just a couple days ago I was looking at/admiring an Ithaca Auto & Burglar on Gunbroker. Then you post this! Sadly the one on GB has a fractured pistol grip that's been repaired. Still, awesome pieces.

I have touched off both barrels of a double gun before, but thinking of doing it with one of those would really be painful.

Still, just wow. Thanks for posting.

The one I saw on GB was overpriced in my opinion. I think they were asking $12,000 for a model B. Should be around half that

My US Military Rifle Grenade Display. These pictures are from 2018 and there have been some significant additions since then.

post-5236-0-99260700-1585921721_thumb.jpg

post-5236-0-06102100-1585921744_thumb.jpg

post-5236-0-34777800-1585921773_thumb.jpg