Unknown USAF Patch: 92nd Security Police Sq.

John F.

Can anyone idnetify this patch? It was purchased in Dallas back in January of this year at a gun/militaria show. The patch measures approximately 2.5" inches (6.35cm)

in diameter. The patches appears to depict a B-52 bomber flying above an ICBM. I am not sure if the orientation/position of the patch is correct.

Thanks!

John

post-8650-0-51738800-1585174301.jpg

Don't know what it is but I think the chain has some sort of meaning of a link, top half looks like a tornado and bottom half a clear night with stars am still looking to see what I can find

JC,

Thanks for the reply. I would imagine the chain represents some sort of restraint. Interesting, what you identified as a tornado (which it might be) I assumed was rising smoke. The blue, I see as the sky and the brown as the land with the white star bursts being explosions or maybe city lights.

This patch belongs to the 92nd Security Police Squadron. It looks like the bottom scroll was cut off the patch.

Mark

post-1786-0-91141600-1585248462.jpg

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your time and help. The 92nd Security Police Sqdn is my childhood nemesis. When I was a kid, my dad was stationed at Fairchild AFB with the 325th Bomb Sqdn from 1972-76, and I got picked up by those SPs for throwing snowballs at car.

Best,

John

It looks roughly like a peace sign. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Probably not, since the 92nd SP Sqdn was assigned to a SAC Bomb Wing (92nd), and SACs motto was "Peace is our Profession".

It just made me think of this... there were a lot of novelty patches made this way. I am not sure if any actual units ever adopted the design.

Peace patch.jpg