Can anyone tell me what era this female Civil Defense uniform is from?

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

This is another uniform that I pulled out of the closet. I know nothing about Civil Defense uniforms so I was hoping someone can give me an idea on the age of this uniform. The only thing that I know is that it is a females uniform with the jacket dress and the hat. The uniform came from a tailor in Baltimore and it has army buttons on it. Any information will be appreciated.

post-1412-1231651484.jpg

The CDV patch on the sleeve is the Civilian Defense Volunteer Organization and that would indicate this was a World War II issue. Nice Uniform.

Cheers,

Jim

Homefrontguy

Manchu Warrior
The CDV patch on the sleeve is the Civilian Defense Volunteer Organization and that would indicate this was a World War II issue. Nice Uniform.

Cheers,

Jim

Homefrontguy

Thank you! thumbsup.gif

• 3 months later...
fraukriegbaum
This is another uniform that I pulled out of the closet. I know nothing about Civil Defense uniforms so I was hoping someone can give me an idea on the age of this uniform. The only thing that I know is that it is a females uniform with the jacket dress and the hat. The uniform came from a tailor in Baltimore and it has army buttons on it. Any information will be appreciated.

post-1412-1231651484.jpg

Very nice uniform. The Homefrontguy is right, it's from WWII. I collect ARC and Civil Defense uniform. Let me know when and if you want to part from it. :))

Manchu Warrior
Very nice uniform. The Homefrontguy is right, it's from WWII. I collect ARC and Civil Defense uniform. Let me know when and if you want to part from it. :))

If I ever get rid of the uniform I will keep you in mind. thumbsup.gif

I think our archivist supreme hhbooker2 posted page from a WWII women's service guide that showed this uniform, or one similar to it. If you use the SEARCH function you could probably find it.