USMC 2nd Parachute Battalion Uniform. Need help on Marine

nchistory

I may be wrong, or I might be on to something. I saw this 3rd MAC uniform last night 45 minutes before closing, therefore my research was limited prior to the end. Dealer noted it was E S Dudek, but not finding an E S, I assumed it was the only F S smeared stamp, so too a chance. Since last night I have failed to find an "E S", but dug a little deeper on this "F S". There is a good chance this uniform belonged to CPL Frank Steve Dudek from OHIO that first served in the 2nd Parachute Battalion, and later in the 27th Marines 5th Division, and HQ 5th Division as Recon. I've laid out the stamp the best I can, and was looking for educated thought on this topic. I'll get better pics when it arrives.

You can see it was once a PFC Chevron was sewn, then CPL.

I will say the 3rd MAC which looks period sewn is throwing me off. 2nd Parachute was in 1 MAC which became 3 MAC, but I think Dudek's unit was disbanded and transferred to 5th Division about the same time, so possibility? At worse, 2nd owner didn't stamp name? Providing there was no chance Dudek has a 3rd MAC patch.

It is an example with the WW2 victory ribbon with star denoting a combat Marine, as opposed to rear echelon.

Thanks for looking and thoughts.

post-153086-0-38420500-1585063522.jpg

I agree with it being F.S.

On another note, the star on the WWII Victory ribbon has always baffled me. Some people said Marines put those on there themselves, but in reality you rarely see that. I have several combat Marines uniforms and none of them have the star on the ribbon.

I agree with it being F.S.

On another note, the star on the WWII Victory ribbon has always baffled me. Some people said Marines put those on there themselves, but in reality you rarely see that. I have several combat Marines uniforms and none of them have the star on the ribbon.

Thanks Stony,

Yes my 1st star on the victory ribbon. I looked on the forum and it was speculation about the star, but no regulation.

Chris

Kurt Barickman

Agreed, you see all sorts of misspellings on uniform parts and even tailored examples of uniforms and headgear.

Kurt