SBL M6 Scabbards

SKIPH

Hey Gang! I've been tracking the rare SBL M6 scabbards that have shown up on ebay lately, only a couple. One, finished yesterday for a price of $887 (ebay item # 372987314517). The other, posted just a short time ago ebay item # 283823961681, with a start price of $750, and a Buy Now of $1100.00. It's amazing how an item that cost .59 cents in WW2, can command as much or more than an M1 Garand rifle (CMP prices). Anyway, the auction ends next Sunday 29 March at 2:27 PM. Curious to see how it goes. If anyone can post the ad it would be appreciated, and I do not know the seller. SKIP

Skip, did you see the Boker single tang on eBay? Its sitting at 2,578 with 28 bids. All private bids so Im assuming its a shady dealer.

Heres the eBay listing number. 402172054372. Best I can do as Im on my phone and wont let me copy and paste the link.

I saw a really nice one at the SOS almost as nice as the picture posted that was for sale at $600, I believe it sold for $500.

dunit35- Yikes! Just checked out that Boker you posted. That is crazy, up to $2589, w/ 6days, 4 hrs to go. Also noticed the seller has a no return policy, all those private bids. Very suspicious. SKIP

Interesting, for sure. I picked up a gm/dual marked Boker at this year’s SoS for $350. Aside from that, I was amazed at the asking prices for M3s; it seemed like they’d jumped 50%-75% since last year.

Bill in Va- Have seen the increase, especially on lower end specimens. SKIP

And higher condition ones, too. I saw several in the $1000-plus area that weren’t as nice as some of my own. I also a nice bm RCC in an M8 scabbard for $1500 - no nicks, but definitely sharpened, rounded tip, heavy runner marks. I know those are rare ones, but for that kind of coin I would have expected much higher condition, perhaps even a box.

As the owner of only mid to lower end M3s I am very pleased to read the above. I've always told the wife that they are better than money in the bank and now I believe it myself. :-) But I must add that in over 50 years I've never made a withdrawal from this particular bank.