24th_infantry

Large named WWII WAVES grouping

This is another group that I picked up the other day. It's named to Priscilla Walker (Valvano). In the group is her dress blue uniform, skirt, shirt and caps. In addition there is a white dress shirt. There is also a bunch of neck ties, buttons and a few patches. Included are two unit books when she was training. They still have the envelope which they came in. I even found her black service shoes. There are more items too I just can't recall everything at this moment. The pictures speak for themselves. I even found her obituary. Her photo is her in her uniform.

post-88080-0-76266600-1584743233_thumb.jpgpost-88080-0-40826400-1584743240_thumb.jpgpost-88080-0-91640100-1584743246_thumb.jpgpost-88080-0-74607600-1584743262_thumb.jpg

Do the boondockers have the Wave tag?

Honestly I didn't look over the shoes. When I get home I'll look inside for the tag.

I looked over the shoes and cannot find any WAVES tag. The inside is worn from long-time use. I wonder if maybe the tag/stamp wore off.

Also here is her obituary. I reached out to the son and daughter. Hopefully they are willing to talk about their mother so I can document her stories and talk about her at my presentations in schools and retirement homes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legacy.com/amp/obituaries/nhregister/175981427

Fantastic set, you hardly ever seen wave groups complete like this

Check out my eBay page, I sell military insignia and just about anything else I come across

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fitzkeemilitaria/m.html?item=223497878518&hash=item340982fbf6%3Ag%3ASs4AAOSw-llcxhqe&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please check out my web page as well for more items for sale

https://fitzkeemilitaria.com/

Thanks Wake! I found it and many other items from a military museum that recently shut down due to the death of the owner. I was lucky to be able to go through a warehouse and search through tons of boxes. I found the WAVES items grouped together in a box. I was so happy to be able to keep the group together. Her jacket I actually found in another box near the big one. I went through everything to make sure that I did not forget any of her items. I cannot rest if a grouping gets split up. I spent hours going through everything in that warehouse to make sure I did not miss anything.