OIF bring back Iraqi copy PASGT helmet

agate hunter

agate hunter

Here is one of my favorite Iraqi bring backs, Iraqi copy of our PASGT kevlar helmets with what I believe is iraqi special forces paint on the front. Got it from a vet that was in the 1st stryker brigade in Iraq, he said he found this helmet in a building in Mosul in around 2004.

post-10495-0-27087500-1584668495.jpg

post-10495-0-23365000-1584668531.jpg

post-10495-0-68186500-1584668552.jpg

riflegreen297

Nice helmet. I had one of these I brought back from OIF I. Picked it up from a Mojahedin-e Khalq (MeK) that didn't need it anymore. Maybe some other unit in the Iraqi Army wore them, but I associate this Kevlar style helmet with the MeK.

• 3 weeks later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

FANTASTIC! These are by far the rarest Iraqi helmet, even more so than the Fedayeen DARTH vaders!

• 2 weeks later...
agate hunter

FANTASTIC! These are by far the rarest Iraqi helmet, even more so than the Fedayeen DARTH vaders!

I found it at a flea market, it was when he was opening his booth in the morning and it was still in a box with other stuff, my heart about skipped a beat when I saw it. One of those things you never expect to find yet alone at a flea market.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I found it at a flea market, it was when he was opening his booth in the morning and it was still in a box with other stuff, my heart about skipped a beat when I saw it. One of those things you never expect to find yet alone at a flea market.

I can dream!

• 2 months later...