As we search and comb the various sources of electronic postings, it's thrilling to still find good stuff.

Saw this grouping posted on Craigslist and took a swing at it. OK, so we can be a little leary of where things come from, being in law enforcement my take on meeting people in the blind is a bit sckewed. BUT.... nuggets can still be found.

A bit dirty, I knew there was color in the pan and as I started sifting the nuggets appeared.

A mixed bag that really doesn't match.

The HBT Red Cross bag is complete, but the draw string is cut and only partial. However, I have been looking for a back drop for period US Red Cross pins I've gathered and it will work great to pin the badges to.

Army officers hat eagle, two aviation branch insig , one Meyers & one Acid Test.

The French pilots badge is good and numbered, #31819. A question for the World Mil Forum, but any chance of associating the # with a person awarded to? It could be an American.

Dirty 5th Army patch AND … Italian made 5th Army DUI. It's just like the 2nd Corps ones I acquired a couple of years ago.

1941 Maneuvers badge, pin is broken.

Artillery School straight pin DUI and screw back 75th FA DUI.

Good Conduct medal is not named, darn.

The tan haversack bag has the straps cut off, but it was part of an individual equipment set up right? What part? Meat can carrier?

post-9131-0-98568100-1584483478_thumb.jpg

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

Possibly could have put it "Groupings" but I don't know any particular individual to attribute it to. Said it was purchased at a yard sale from a guy who was in WW2.

post-9131-0-97799800-1584483675_thumb.jpg

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

nice score! I really need to spend time on weekends going to yard sales but I just can't force myself out to do it. I bet I've missed some cool stuff such as this. I know of others that have had success finding WWII items at yard sales and even at Goodwill! as our vets pass on their kids who are now in their 60's or older don't want the stuff so it just gets put out. many don't even want to bother putting it on eBay.

Very nice, I like the 5th army dui. They aren't all that common, I tried getting one I found a few months ago to add to my own 2nd corps DUI but couldn't get it in the end. Too bad there isn't a name to any of the stuff.

donation2019.gif

Meat can carrier, M-1910 Infantry pack. They didn't have straps, just a bit of hardware to hold them to the pack.

"They'd rather be alive than free; poor dumb bastards."