WWII Paratrooper Hat

Roby

Hi all,

This is a hat I acquired time ago for very few dollars. Since WWII its not my exact collection period, I would love to have some feedback from someone more expert then me.

Is it really WWII? What is worth? Its not heavy wool but is cotton (maybe a summer hat) and in the inside I found 2 laundry marks (2 times the same), I researched a little bit and found 3-4 people from WWII with this exact combination of numbers and letters.

Any comment is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

post-164393-0-41041100-1584470194_thumb.jpeg

post-164393-0-64301300-1584470219.jpeg

Roby, it is indeed a Summer cap, Khakis.

Here's one GI of the 11th Airborne Division in the early 50s at Fort Campbell Kentucky in his Khaki Uniform.

C050875thumb.jpg

Thanks to all for your answers! So it's an early 50s signal corps paratrooper hat.

I think I didn't pay too much for it with 19 dollars.

Thanks to all for your answers! So it's an early 50s signal corps paratrooper hat.

Not a bad deal at all

Yes, a Garrison Cap late-sh 40s really starting into the1950s up till around 1958 (The Army at that date now has that new Army Green Uniform, Khakis still are worn, but now only with the new Army Green Service Cap and or Garrison Cap),

Your cap was worn by a Jump Qualified Signal Corps MOS holding GI, of either one of the Airborne Signal Battalions of a Airborne Division, in those days the 11th and or 82nd Airborne Divisions (101st Airborne Division was off Jump and Combat Status and was a Training Division), or in one of the many Commo Platoons of a Airborne Infantry Regiment's Headquarters Company, or a Airborne Infantry Battalion's Headquarters Company therein, or a Airborne Infantry Company's Headquarters Platoon therein, Ditto for the Airborne Field Artillery battalions and Airborne Engineer battalions of an Airborne Division. One more organization, these being one of the two separate Regimental Combat Teams active at the time and up till their removal from separate status when they had battalions that were assigned to the other Airborne Divisions, to include now the 101 which was back on Jump and Combat Status at Fort Campbell.