D-Day & the Mulberry Harbors in Normandy

james127

I recently had the opportunity to visit the landing beaches in Normandy. One of the most impressive things to see there are the remains of the Mulberry Harbors, which were at Omaha & Gold Beaches (with the one at Omaha getting wrecked by a storm). Anyway, this is the first in a long series of videos that I shot while in Normandy. Can't wait to share them (although I am a bit nervous being that there are so many on here that know way more than me and probably would have done a better job). Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7i78Fb7-CU

They are very impressive, we were at Arromanches a few years ago and was able to get right up by one at low tide, was very impressed, Normandy is a place everyone should get, such a beautiful place not just for the history but it is a beautiful area. Can’t wait to go back

fritz

They are very impressive, we were at Arromanches a few years ago and was able to get right up by one at low tide, was very impressed, Normandy is a place everyone should get, such a beautiful place not just for the history but it is a beautiful area. Can’t wait to go back

fritz

I wish that I could have stuck around for awhile longer to get right up to that big caisson during low tide, but we had a lot to see and do that day. And I agree. If a person ever gets the chance to travel overseas, Normandy is the place to go. I loved it there.

Great video - thanks much. Normandie is one place I'd love to get to someday.

Thanks. Appreciate that. Now that I've been there, all that I want to do is go back.

An amazing engineering plan in support of the landings. Great video. Thanks!

Thanks! It really is cool to see the Mulberry Harbors in person. I wanted to highlight something a little different to show that wars are won by more than the guys on the front line. It's a huge effort that requires everyone.

• 1 year later...