Trooper Bob RIP...

tarbridge

God bless you my old buddy and friend...Bob Pierce...I will miss you...God bless your journey. If it turns out like our journeys the last 30 odd years...it will be good times.Bob was proud to have been a Veteran of the Marine Corps and a retired North Carolina State Highway patrolman.

Bob would roll his eyes anytime I used this picture...

Screenshot_20200315-212344_Contacts.jpg

vintageproductions

Like I posted on Facebook, he was one of the grumpiest guys at the show but at the same time you couldn't help but to love him.

If he started telling Trooper Bob stories you would be entertained for awhile.

But, never take him to a Brazilian BBQ restaurant as he would never stop telling you he didn't like it everytime the subject of a meal came up..

Like I posted on Facebook, he was one of the grumpiest guys at the show but at the same time you couldn't help but to love him.

If he started telling Trooper Bob stories you would be entertained for awhile.

But, never take him to a Brazilian BBQ restaurant as he would never stop telling you he didn't like it everytime the subject of a meal came up..

He never liked a restaurant he didn't pick...mostly.

Kurt Barickman

Wow, I am sorry to hear that. Always enjoyed our conversations and dealings. God Bless.

Kurt

River Patrol

Gruff but would always throw me off guard with comments that were designed to make me laugh (at least, I thought so)

He always had great stuff.....sorry to hear about his passing.

I've said it already, but Trooper Bob will be missed. I always enjoyed talking with him and twisting his tail a little. I'm sure the road trips will be more empty now that Trooper Bob isn't riding shotgun.

God bless him.

Allan

Robert - Sad news. I clearly remember the first time I met him and you at the Philadelphia OMSA Convention many moons ago. You were clearly a pair. Always was happy to visit with Trooper Bob. He was a hoot! A proud Marine. Condolences to all his family & friends. He will be missed. Semper Fi, R.I.P. Trooper.

*the-red-baron*

Trooper Bob Pierce, a very sad time for the military collecting community. He was a very dynamic man. We did a lot of business together over the years. And as we all know, he had some great stories. As a State Trooper in North Carolina, can you imagine getting pulled over by Bob? I would be willing to bet that you could not talk you way out of that traffic violation.

Lastly, I do want to mention that I actually saw Bob smile three times.

My deepest sympathy to his wife Nancy and Family. He will be dearly missed.

Love and Respect,

John Korompilas

Sorry to hear that he is no longer with us. I always made sure to stop by and catch up at every show. He always had something new to "complain" about! He taught me just about everything I know about WWI USMC collecting. He was truly a mentor in the field and I will definitely miss him. He was truly a man who did it all during his life. It was a pleasure to know him.