General Albin Irzyk CZ DUO Bring Back

WWIIBuff1945

WWIIBuff1945

I went to my LGS this weekend and scored an awesome bring back from General Albin Irzyk. I had seen this man on many TV shows such as Patten 360 Battle of the Bulge. A few years ago, I had the pleasure of going to this mans home and talking with him for a few hours. He was 99 years old and sharp as a tack. It was an experience I will never forget. What a collection of war artifacts he had on display at his home! He passed in 2018 and I would think of him from time to time. I had no idea his estate sale was last month. A local dealer attended the sale and bought a bunch of his belongings including 3 bring back weapons. One from WWII and two from Nam. There was no capture papers on the CZ DUO. His unit the 4th Armored was in Checkloslavia after the war ended and that’s where he more than likely picked up the DUO. The Nam SKS and T33 Tokarev pistols have the capture papers. Both these weapons were presented to him by his men and had plaques placed on them. His son unfortunately removed them. They are currently not for sale but I hope to be able to purchase them in the future at what cost I’m not sure. I’m afraid they will go for big bucks due to the provenance.

I highly recommend viewing the many Youtube inverviews of this great American. He talks about meeting Patton twice.

Here is his obit:https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/local/latest-albin-irzyk-leader-three-wars-dies-101-west-palm-beach/ukEyb23oUarYZVYmStP5

post-158759-0-69823300-1584278849_thumb.jpg

post-158759-0-13578500-1584278864_thumb.jpg