Historic Piece Of Equipment

This grappling hook looks harmless enough but it played a big part during the Cold War. When I acquired a very large collection of gear from a 30 year Veteran back in 05 the last thing the widow gave me before I left was this grappling hook. She said as long as the Col. was alive he never talked about what it was used for to others but told his wife. She told me that during the Cold War the Russians would shoot spy satellites up and many times they would come down off course. She said Col. Nelson among others would intercept these satellites in mid air.....steal them right out from under the commies noses. This hook was used for just that. Col Nelson kept it for a keepsake.

post-7752-0-75319500-1584232499.jpeg

post-7752-0-89623900-1584232508.jpeg

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Yes. very interesting. I would like to see some of your collections one of these days. Also Dee Cook just got a nice mule. All winter, it has rained thanks wendell

Wendell come thru Ripley, pick Alvie up and come to Batesville. I will buy y’all lunch.

Ronnie

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Thanks Ronnie, I sure will, It will be the end of next month before I can make it. I hope this crazy weather will get better by then. Wendell :)