Bombing Military Aviator reproduction wing on ebay

blind pew

Any thoughts on this bomber wing? The seller has other items with blurry photos, which certainly arouses suspicions. There is an example in Campbell's book which is similar to this (I guess one would expect that of a fake as well). I am always a little suspicious when there is an engraved name on anything. However, I am a novice and would not know a real wing if it bit me in the rump, so any help appreciated.

rathbonemuseum.com

Yes. My thoughts are that it is a terrible fake as you suspect. As a convenience, You can probably assume the same for the rest of this sellers listings. Also, while Campbell is The Godfather of wing books, identification and description, he published before the age of relatively inexpensive high res color photography and printing.

Thanks- I assumed so, as there are some other fakes being sold and the photos are all blurry.

Yes. My thoughts are that it is a terrible fake as you suspect. As a convenience, You can probably assume the same for the rest of this sellers listings. Also, while Campbell is The Godfather of wing books, identification and description, he published before the age of relatively inexpensive high res color photography and printing.