Bringback Katana - Lt. Colonel John D. Hamilton - PH - BSM - AM - ACM - MSM

Airborne-Hunter

Airborne-Hunter

This is an interesting group of stuff that recently came out of an estate sale in Northern California. It appears the man was enlisted in the 511th PIR 11th AB before going go school and coming out an officer. He was in Japan in 1947, but I am unsure if/where he was active during the war. He was armor in Vietnam and received a Purple Heart several Bronze Stars, several Air Medals a Meritorious Service Medal and an army Commendation. At some point he brought back several things including a red cross hewer, army dagger, fire bayonet and SA dagger. The estate sale company wanted multiples of what those were worth and I had to pass. However I was able to buy his sword. I am unsure exactly when he picked it up. I'm not really good with swords, but it is signed. The tip of the scabbard has a serial number on it which I have never seen before and the tsuba has some characters as well.

post-1800-0-05212900-1583963851_thumb.jpg

Airborne-Hunter

I've never seen a handle like this either. Not sure if someone did a nice job making a replacement or if this is right, but it is what it is

post-1800-0-61736300-1583964445_thumb.jpg